(1918 - 2002)
Henry Woods was born in Abbeville, Mississippi. He received a B.A. from the University of Arkansas at Fayetteville in 1938. He received a J.D. from the University of Arkansas School of Law in 1940. He was a Special agent, FBI from 1941 to 1946. He was in private practice in Texarkana, Arkansas from 1946 to 1948. He was a Referee in Bankruptcy, U.S. District Court for the Western District of Arkansas from 1946 to 1947. He was an Executive secretary of Governor of Arkansas from 1949 to 1953. He was in private practice in Little Rock, Arkansas from 1953 to 1980. He was a Special associate justice, Arkansas Supreme Court from 1967 to 1974.
Woods was a federal judge on the United States District Court for the Eastern District of Arkansas. Woods was nominated by President Jimmy Carter on December 14, 1979, to a new seat created by 92 Stat. 1629. He was confirmed by the United States Senate on February 20, 1980, and received his commission the same day. He assumed senior status on March 1, 1995. Judge Henry Woods died March 14, 2002 at 83 years of age.